Thursday, October 04, 2007

Sabriel, Lirael, Abhorsen. Trilogy No More!


I don't think that I can express to you how much I love Garth Nix's Abhorsen trilogy. Love. Love. Love. So, when one of the listservs I lurk upon mentioned today's PW Children's Bookshelf:

"The three books include a prequel and a sequel to Nix's Abhorsen trilogy...The third book will be a standalone SF novel titled A Confusion of Princes, and will be the first to be published, in late 2009, with the others following in 2010 and 2011."

Well, I got excited. Really, really excited. I have no doubt that such excitement will sustain me for the, er, 3+ years I need it to. A Confusion of Princes might help, a little. But I've not been a huge fan of some of his other titles, so I'm not holding my breath or anything (I dug Shade's Children - it's the others that were rather "eh.").

Now I will no longer brace myself before making my ardent claim: "Best. Trilogy. Ever."

Oh, and there's something about Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series in the PW thing. Something about a cover and a 4th book. Whatever. Nothing will distract me from my Nix Love.

No comments: