Ok, that last part isn't entirely true. But first, your schedule:
Elisha Cooper at Chasing Ray
Dar Williams at Fuse Number 8
Jennifer Bradbury at Bildungsroman
E. Lockhart at The YA YA YAs
Mary Hooper at Miss Erin
Charles R. Smith at Writing and Ruminating
Mary Pearson at A Chair, A Fireplace and a Tea Cozy
Varian Johnson at Finding Wonderland
Jincy Willett at Shaken & Stirred
John Grandits at Writing & Ruminating
Meg Burden at Bookshelves of Doom
Gary D. Schmidt at Miss Erin
Javaka Steptoe at Seven Impossible Things
Mary Hooper at Interactive Reader
Right, and now on to the meme. Sarah Miller. I really need to stop linking to her so much. Sarah: stop being funny. There. That should help. But really, can I help it if she tags me with these things?
Everyone seems to have done this whilst (don't you love that word?) I lived under that rock. It was a cozy rock. Softer than you think. Surprisingly clean. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Okaaay. Now that the crazy has past...on to the official blah-de-blahs before we get to the meme part.
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read the player's blog. (this, will probably not be met by Jackie. Because she's lazy.)
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer (Sarah? Are you paying attention? 'Cause I might forget this step.).
What were you doing five years ago?
Er. May 2003. Waiting for my acceptance into Library School. Working 2 jobs and an internship. Not sleeping much.
What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?
1. Be on time for work.
2. Get the post in to ForeWord.
3. Worry incesently that the ForeWord post will be no good.
4. Call kids who've filled out the volunteer apps and convince them they should be on my Teen Advisory Board.
5. Not kill the patrons.
What are five snacks you enjoy?
1. Anything chickpea/garbanzo bean related.
5. ice cream
What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
1. Start a foundation specifically for teen services in libraries; especially the creation of teen spaces in them and collection expansion.
2. Travel the world.
3. Pay for friends and family to travel with me. It's more fun that way.
4. Take a good long sabbatical from a paycheck-driven life just to see what would happen.
5. Save for retirement, 'cause we SO can't count on social security.
What are five of your bad habits?
2. being late
3. laying in bed too long in the morning (are we sensing a theme?)
4. Driving Kyle crazy with my need for cleanliness bordering on sterility
5. Not being a productive as I think I should be.
What are five places where you have lived?
1. Muskegon, MI
2. Grand Rapids, MI
3. Allendale, MI
4. Spokane, WA
5. Seattle, WA
What are five jobs you've had?
1. Outdoor Ice Rink/pond Monitor
4. Adult Librarian
5. Teen Librarian
The good, the unlucky, the tagged:
Let's get out of the kidlitosphere. Shane. Kyle. Dan. Angie. Kip.