Thursday, May 31, 2007

8 Things Meme


Well, Camille has forced my hand. She's broken the longest no-blogging-for-Jackie streak in ages.

Rules: Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

1. When talking on the phone I have to multi-task. For instance, while talking to Rachel M the other night, I cleaned my toilet, then had to interrupt the conversation to complain that the new cleaner smelled like spearmint gum and that it grossed me out. Sorry Rach.

2. I played trombone for 10 years. Fifth grade through sophomore year in college. I was the only girl until college. Yes, I wore the uniform. Yes, it was wool. I also went to band camp. Six required times and 4 times just for fun.

3. I watched entire sections of Spiderman 3 between my fingers. No, not the action scenes, the parts where Peter embarrassed himself. Like when he was 'walking' down the street. I can't handle embarrassment on the screen. Possibly the main reason I can't watch Will Ferrell, and why I haven't been sucked into The Office.

4. I have a love for all garbanzo beans. In any form.

5. I have only traveled to English-speaking countries. Canada, Bahamas, England, Australia

6. I took Latin in college because it didn't have a pronunciation lab, was only M-Th & I wanted to know what the heck I was singing in choir (did you know that Carmina Burana contains a raunchy drinking song?). It proved to be challenging and amusing. The vocab was all about sailors, farmers, daughters, swords and fighting. Much better than sad Rene looking for the bathroom.

7. I live exactly 2,000 miles from my parents and 3,033 miles away from my best friend. It sucks.

8. I can wiggle my nose like Samantha on Bewitched. The Elizabeth Montgomery version. Not the crappy Nicole Kidman version. That was just pitiful.

I tag:

Miss Erin
Alan Gratz
Alexia
Trisha
Kip
James
Dan
Shane

Sorry, guys.

And now I've run out of time for a review. A girl's got to sleep, right?

4 comments:

Erin said...

and...done!

Kimberly/lectitans said...

I'm a Latin teacher, and it's always funny when people ask you to say something in Latin, because it inevitably will involve the military or farming.

erith1 said...

Finally did this!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love it when you feed your readers a little bit about your personal life! This was great, Jac. And when looking at that distance number? Whoa. I had no idea it was so freaking big!