Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Announcing the Adventure

On December 19th I hinted, ok, basically said, that I had been looking for a professional job and that there had been a few hits. Starting tomorrow the Great Interview Adventure (henceforth known as GIA) begins. Three public libraries are, at their expense, flying me out for a final interview (this fact was entirely shocking to me, I mean, come on, these are non-profits!). I am going to attempt to remain entirely neutral until all libraries have been visited. I will not tell you where I am going, or with whom I am interviewing with. I will, however, reveal their distance from home and basic generalities, such as: large metropolis, or suburbia, or rural. I am very helpful like that. Besides, it's not like anyone who doesn't know me actually reads this. But just for anyone who might comment on the upcoming entries who does actually know where I am, please don't give any leading indication of the locals. Vote, if you wish, but I shall come up with some sort of pseudonym. Or something. At the moment, none of the libraries have personalities to me as I've never visited any of them; their current noms de plume will be uninspired.

Library 1: Interview Jan. 5, Noon. Roughly 800 miles from home.
Library 2: Interview Jan. 9, 9am. Roughly 1,200 miles from home.
Library 3: Interview Jan. 12, 9am. Roughly 2,000 miles from home.

I realize that I am very fortunate to have even a fraction of the opportunities that I have here. I truly do. I'm still petrified. Hopefully, I'll be able to post on the road, but if not, I'll do my best to give you a honest account as soon as possible. Thanks for your support!

No comments: